GO Kingfish Fall Invitational 2012 – Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I’m very happy with my performance in the first short-course (SCM) meet of the season, where I swam six (6) events over two days. 200 free and 200 fly felt fantastic, and I dropped a large amount off of my PBs for both events (4.00s for free, 6.02s for fly). My 400 free, while just missing a PB, resulted in a new Girls' 15 & over all-time club record. For the other events, I know exactly where I lost time, and feel confident that I know how to fix it going forward. Overall, really happy with how things went, and I am looking forward to my next meet in Cornwall, Ontario, on December 1 & 2.
• Five personal bests in six events (missed a PB in one event by 1.83s, still setting a new all-time club record):
• 50 free SCM: 29.82 (PB by 0.10s)
• 200 free SCM: 2:19.70 (PB by 4.00s, broke 500 FINA points)
• 400 free SCM: 4:59.52 (missed PB by 1.83s, but set a new Girls' 15&over all-time club record)
• 200 fly SCM: 2:56.34 (PB by 6.02s)
• 200 IM SCM: 2:44.71 (PB by 0.27s)
• 400 IM SCM: 5:49.08 (PB by 0.17s)
I have updated my “stats” section to reflect these new personal bests, and have included the SCY conversions. Will try to get a few photos up from this meet shortly!