|Club||Ted Sobolewski||Mercer Juniors (U19)||Princeton/Casperson Rowing Center||NJ|
|High School||Coach Stephanie Guilmet|
|Best Time||Location||Weather||Second Best Time||Location||Weather|
|Varsity Four 2,000m||7:30.0||MidAtlantics - 5/11/14||MidAtlantic Regional Regatta for national qualifying - 1st in heat, 1st in semis and 1st overall||-||-||-|
|Best Time (mm:ss.s)||-||7:28.7||-||-||-||-||-|
|Bench Press (max)||Wingspan||Years rowing|
Note: I am equally successful and comfortable rowing both Port and Starboard.
Mercer Sprints 1st (2012,) Mercer Sprints 2nd (2013,) Mercer Sprints 1st in heat, 2nd overall (2014), MAPLS 1st (2013,) 1st (2014,) MidAtlantic 2nd (2013,) 1st (2014) Stotesbury Semi-finalists (2013) and Grand Finals (2014), US Jr Nationals 6th best time 2014, Elected Team Captain 2014-2015, Academic All MAPLs Spring 2014, Rowing with PNRA Summer 2014 - Independence Day Regatta, Philly Youth Regatta
Note: Blair Academy rows in 4's and I am in the first Varsity 4+
- Blair Academy Varsity Rower Team (Captain 2014-2015)
- 2014 finishes include:
* Won 1st boat MAPLs
* Mercer Sprints 1st in heat, 2nd overall
* MidAtlantics 1st in heat, 1st in semis, 1st overal qualifying for Nationals
* Stotesbury Grand Finalist
* Junior Nationals finished with top 6 time
- Attended Junior National I.D. Camp March, 2014 Boston Mass., invited to Development Program
- Attended Princeton Rowing Camp 2012, 2013, 2014- including winter erg training
- Academic All MAPL Spring 2014
- Elected Captain 2014-2015 season
- Summer 2014 rowing with Mercer Junior (U19) Competing at Independence Day Regatta, Philly Youth Regatta
- Blair Crew Team Captain 2014-2015
- Blair Academy Varisty Tennis (Fall,
- Blair Academy Squash (Winter-undefeated)
- Blair Academy pre-season weight training/erging (Fall/Winter)
- Competitive Sailor with BBYRA (Summer)
- Dancer (Including Summer Intensive with Radio City Rockettes, The Suzanne Farrell Ballet Company, ABT)
- Member of Blair 'Community Service Club'
- Blair 'Blue and White/Key Club' (Campus Tours, Re-visit Day, Student Ambassador)
- Blair Academy 'Quilts for Homeless Children'
- Participated in a variety of Blair events for local children with special needs
- Volunteer at Camp Nejeda: helped to upgrade/restore facilities for campers with diabetes
- Worked on making blankets for the Blair trip to Kenya
- Photography (portfolio available)
- Dance ( worked with The Radio City Rockettes, The Suzanne Farrell Ballet Company, ABT - The American Ballet Theater)
I am the second child of four and the oldest girl. My brother is going to be a sophomore at Yale (he rows as well) and my younger sisters are 13 and 7. Each day is ripe with opportunities for me to be a positive leader to my younger siblings (and honestly sometimes to my brother!) I immediately see my actions and words mirrored back to me by my littlest sister, Emily. Being a role model at home has translated to life with my team and classmates. Though my friends would describe me as a fun friend, they would also say that they always count on me - whether to explain a challenging trig problem or to analyze our stroke rate from a race. I am very proud and honored that my peers elected me crew team captain for the upcoming season. I am looking forward to continuing to share my love of rowing with our new freshmen while motivating my other team mates to achieve their personal best.
I have been an athlete since I was barely 3 years old. My first 'athletic' experience came with a pair of beautiful, soft, pink ballet slippers. Little did I know that the rigor of dance would someday set the stage for me to excell at the sport I now love... rowing.
Dance involves consistent, unwavering discipline. There are no vacations from training. There are no days off for sore muscles. A dancer perserveres but also understands the signals from our bodies. This training has helped me as a teenage athlete as I am very in-tune with my body. I know when, and more importantly how, to push myself without injury. I know when to moderate my routine and how to care for my self.
The art of dance has provided the foundation for me to be a successful rower. Listening to my body and knowing how to push myself to be the best in a healthy way has been a wonderful skill.
This athlete has not provided any recent blog posts. Check back soon!