|Club||Major Hall||CBS Islanders||Merritt Island||FL|
|High School||Janice Johnson|
|50yd free||50m free||100yd free||100m free||200yd free||200m free||400m free||500yd free||800m free||1000yd free||1500m free||1650yd free|
|50yd back||50m back||100yd back||100m back||200yd back||200m back|
|50yd breast||50m breast||100yd breast||100m breast||200yd breast||200m breast|
|50yd fly||50m fly||100yd fly||100m fly||200yd fly||200m fly|
|200yd IM||200m IM||400yd IM||400m IM|
All Conference 2015; Districts 2014 and 2015, Regionals 2015
Excels in Baseball and Swimming (HS and club teams for both). Works as a beach lifeguard for Brevard County Florida. Volunteers for 'Surfers for Autism'
I would like to continue playing baseball or continue swimming in college because I enjoy being in shape and living a healthy life. I also enjoy being around a team atmosphere and helping others become better athletes.
I have not had any direct leadership positions with titles.
In swimming, I was cheering for my teammates at the pool’s edge, and I when I swam faster, others did as well. We were all able to better our times during the last three weeks of the season, just by leading each other to the finish.
In baseball, I also lead by example, so when I am hitting well, my teammates do. I also cheer from the field when on defense and from the dugout when others are hitting.
As a lifeguard, I feel that others see me as a leader, due to the position, and come to me for help when needed.
I was accepted into UNF’s Healthy Osprey Living-Learning Community. I will be living in a dorm with other students who are also choosing to make healthy choices, as this environment has an objective “to enhance learning potential and academic success through a community that facilitates optimal health.” I wanted to continue what I started as a state level swimmer, Varsity baseball player, and lifeguard, and make healthy choices while in college. I feel that this choice will also help me academically, mentally, and socially.
I also have applied to the NROTC College Program. I feel that combining this opportunity with my Mechanical Engineering interest as well as the Healthy Osprey choice, will allow me to obtain an enormous amount of related experience in the engineering field and potentially come back to the Space Coast to work in my field.
City of Cocoa Beach Pool Lifeguard, May 2016 – August 2016: I was a typical pool lifeguard with no medicals or rescues.
Brevard County Ocean Rescue Lifeguard, May 2017 – August 2017: I had to help with a good amount of minor medicals (scrapes, cuts, bruises, etc.), one major medical (stingray), and a missing child in my zone.
I assisted at Space Coast Iceplex in Rockledge when the wife of a man came up to me and asked for help. The man was in his late twenties, and he had fallen backwards on the ice and had a concussion. He told us that this was his second time hitting his head, so another lifeguard friend and I kept him still until the paramedics arrived.
• Surfers for Autism: Surfers for Autism was one of my favorite events to volunteer for because I enjoy being with these kids and in an environment that I love. I was able to bring in my skills as a state level swimmer and beach lifeguard to watch and protect the kid and others. The most rewarding part of this experience was helping a girl surf who was not only autistic, but she was blind and partially deaf.
• Our Saviour’s Catholic School: I helped by setting up and working the Cuban booth and lemonade booth at their Fair and by directing cars to park for the NKF Surf Festival at the Cocoa Beach Pier.
• Beachside Little League: I helped by lining the fields before games and working the scoreboard during the games at Hedgecock Field.
• Space Coast Little League: I helped by teaching younger kids in coach pitch and minors how to throw, catch, bat, and field balls.
• Barrier Island Pet Store: I helped by cleaning fish tanks, small animal cages, and the store itself.
These are all important to me because I enjoy being in the water and helping kids swim and surf. I also enjoy baseball so helping coaches and kids is just something I like to do.