|Club||Ryan Hunsberger||Viking Wrestling Club Va||Woodbridge||-|
|High School||Bruce Bennard|
Junior Year (Current):
|Years wrestling||Wingspan||Bench Press (max)||Body fat %|
Junior Year (Current):
I have a passion for wrestling and I am looking forward to taking it to the next level. I began wrestling in 7th grade when my parents put me in a wrestling club. My step dad was a wrestler and helped me to train as well as coached the club. I finally joined my first team a few months later, making the roster at my middle school. Now, 4 years later, I am wrestling on my high school’s varsity team as well as completing AP courses. I have been on the team, wrestling competitively, since freshman year.
This has been a fun journey so far and it would be an honor to compete at the collegiate level. In addition to competing in wrestling, I believe finding a fun and exciting college with excellent academics will make me a better person on and off the mat. In my spare time I enjoy reading, gaming, learning about entrepreneurship, and spending time with my family.
I want to be recruited to play sports in college because I love wrestling and want to continue to push myself to reach my fullest potential. I feel as though sports help to further develop leadership, teamwork, and time management skills. These are all skills that are needed in order to be success in life.
My father has always taught me to be a leader (as there is always someone watching) and do the right thing. He has also taught me to have integrity (doing what's right when no one is watching), for those few times where no one is watching.
I have opportunities to lead both on and off the mat.
• Wrestling Club – I have provided leadership to my teammates as we worked to sell items at our teams Flea Market Fundraising event; I helped to come up with a strategy and execute the logistics of the event.
• I provide leadership to my siblings on a day to day basis as I am the oldest boy and second oldest out of 7 total children.
I am also a young entrepreneur as I enjoy the excitement of creating things, solving problems, and having the flexibility to make money and/or spend as much time with my family on my terms. I have had several lawn mowing jobs where I have provided services for my friends, family, and neighbors. I have also worked with my father to create businesses in which my family runs. In each of these experiences I am able to demonstrate my leadership and problem solving abilities.
I have been involved in several activities within my community. Within my family's constitution/by-laws, we have agreed that we will get involved in worthwhile community and philanthropic activities. As such I feel that I must serve and give back. Here are some of the efforts that I have taken part in:
• Teen Court |St. Johns Clerk of Court – I volunteered in to serve jury duty in this program to help expedite the cases of first time misdemeanor offenders in hopes of directing minor cases away from the formal juvenile court.
• I have volunteered to help set up the audio and visual equipment at Vacation Bible Study at First Baptist Church (Jax, FL 5 days/3 hours per day); I have also volunteered to assist with some of the younger attendees with various activities.
• I have volunteered with Jack and Jill of America, Inc., the premier membership organization of mothers with children, dedicated to nurturing future leaders. We worked to gather, sort, and deliver food and necessities to the less fortunate for Thanksgiving in 2018.
This athlete has not provided any recent blog posts. Check back soon!