Effective Date: June 1, 2021
WHAT IS A COOKIE AND WHY DO WE USE THEM?
Cookies are small pieces of text. They are provided by most websites and stored by your web browser on the computer, phone, or other device that you are using. The cookie allows the website to "remember" your actions or preferences over time. For more information see: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/ Sometimes, cookies are enabled when pixels are placed on a website. Pixels are also referred to as web beacons, clear gifs, and tags. They enable websites to read and place cookies.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. As to lifespan, a cookie is either:
- A session cookie, which is erased when the user closes the browser or leave the website, or
- A persistent cookie, which remains on the user's computer/device for a period of time, determined by the party that set the cookie or until you delete it. These cookies may also be called tracking cookies.
As for the domain to which a cookie belongs, a cookie may be:
- A first-party cookie, which is set by the web server of the web page the user is visiting, or a third-party cookie, which is set by a different domain (this can happen when a web page references a file located outside its domain). Unless otherwise specified within this document, third-party providers may access the cookies managed by them.
Cookies and similar technologies do not require your consent to this policy when they are strictly necessary to provide services to you—for example, when a cookie is used to provide required data protection to secure our website, or to keep track of your selections or input, such as for an online shopping cart, a form you are filling out, or language preferences.
You can manage cookies through your browser settings. The choices available, and the mechanism used, will vary from browser to browser. Such browser settings are typically found in the "options", "tools" or "preferences" menu. You may also consult the browser's "help" menu. For example:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Microsoft Edge
- Cookie settings in Mozilla Firefox
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
- Cookie settings in Brave
- Cookie settings in Opera
To opt out of Google Analytics, visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
It is also possible, via relevant browser or device features, to delete previously stored cookies. Cookies in the browser's local memory may be cleared by deleting the browsing history.
TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
First party cookies
- Session Cookies (Technical Cookies): Their use is strictly limited to sending the session identifiers (random numbers generated by the server) needed for secure and efficient Website browsing. They are not permanently stored on the user's computer and are deleted upon browser closing. In particular, the use of the session cookies aims at ensuring security and improving of the offered service; and
- Technical Cookie: It is required to keep track of the consent given by the user. The described cookies do not require your consent to be installed and used.
Third party cookies
Some third parties can also provide cookies on our website(s). These cookies or similar technologies are managed by the third parties set out in the table below, and are divided into the following categories:
- Marketing/Advertising: Cookies used to provide advertising services on a given Website fall within this category. Disabling these third-party cookies does not affect the Website use; and
- Profiling Cookies: They are used to trace the user's network browsing and create profiles about his/her tastes, behavior, choices, etc. These cookies allow the transmission of online advertising messages to the user's device [with the preferences already expressed by that same user when browsing]. In accordance with applicable laws, using these cookies and any processing related thereto require the prior user's consent. Disabling these third-party cookies does not affect the Website use.