Security researchers discovered a major bug this week in OpenSSL (a popular data encryption standard) called Heartbleed. OpenSSL is used by websites around the world to protect users information from being transmitted over the internet. Heartbleed affected an estimated 66% of all websites, so we took immediate precautionary measures to make sure your information is safe.
Our Team's Rapid Response
1. Our technical team thoroughly checked our system and found no evidence of data being compromised.
2. As a precaution, our technical team patched our infrastructure where your information is stored to protect against Heartbleed.
3. We will continue to perform security checks and monitor our system.
What Should You Do?
We recommend you reset your password. To reset your password, please follow these steps:
1) Go to http://new.berecruited.com/login.
2) Click on “forget your password.”
3) Enter your email address on this page.
4) A note will be sent to your email with a link you need to click to update your password.
5) Once the page loads you will need to enter and confirm a new password.
Here at BeRecruited, your data security is a top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation and make sure your data is safe. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.